In reference to Terrasse Soleil
We are located 10 minute walking distance from the Roxboro / Pierrefonds Train Station, which brings you downtown in 25 Minutes.
We are close to highways 13-20-40, city busses # 68, 208, 209,213,468 and 382 right in front of the Co-op.
We have beautiful grounds with more than 40 flowerbeds, with a lot of outdoor furniture, an outdoor heated swimming pool, a playground for children, an outdoor pit for lawn bowling, and a community garden.
Terrasse Soleil is a Housing Cooperative, with 228 apartments within 3 buildings.
11490 Boul. Gouin West and 11500 Boul. Pierrefonds are of wood and brick construction and 11550 Boul. Pierrefonds is of concrete construction.
We accept single tenants, couples and also families with children.
What is a housing cooperative?
From the outside, a housing cooperative complex resembles any other apartment complexes in the city, but it is much more than a simple apartment. It is a community-based experience, a legal association democratically controlled by the residents/members of the Co-op. Its success depends on the implication and participation of each of its members.
What does this consist of?
- Obligation to attend an evening of information for newcomers.
- Obligation to attend and participate at all yearly general assemblies (always held the last Saturday of the month of April)
- Obligation to apply on a yearly basis your talent or experience to the Co-op. Examples:
- Become a member of the Board of Directors (required tasks/responsibilities: property management, money, employees and the member contracts).
- Become a member of a committee (required tasks/responsibilities: inspections, selections, complaints, etc).
- Office work
- Maintenance tasks (pool care, outdoor furniture, etc.)
- Landscaping tasks (flowers, rake and pick up leaves, weed removal, sweep the parking lots.
By including yourself in any of these tasks it reduces costs and improves the quality of life at the Co-op.
Everyone must do his or her part.
If you are unavailable or unable to assist in the various tasks above, the Co-op, is not for you.
The members are not required to do everything; the Co-op already has 2 employees in the office, and 3 employees for maintenance and repairs. However, your participation is necessary and required.
It is important to know that the Co-ops are NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS – no speculation.
It is more advantageous to live in a Co-op than in a regular apartment and less expensive than in a condo.